Thursday, April 25, 2013

Juice Fast Day 3/ Day 16

So I usually drop in here periodically throughout the day and write what has gone on so far, that way I can keep my log fairly accurate but this was a crazy day and am not even finishing up writing and posting it until the next day so I'm sure some info is going to be off.

Slept from about 5pm til 1am.  Tried to get back to sleep and dozed a bit, but got up at 2:30am.  Went downstairs to make my "ginger shot":

1/2 golden delicious apple
1/2" ginger

Made 4oz and was about 3 when I was having it.

Then went on to make juice #1 for Day 3, "Berry Banana Crunch", Jason's recipe is 2 golden delicious apples, 1 cup mixed berries, 2 tbsp natural yogurt, 1/2 banana, 2 tbsp mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, flaxseed) and ice.  He only juices the apples and the puts everything into the blender.

So I juiced 2 fuji apples and put that into the blender with"

1.2 oz blackberries
3 oz blueberries
3 oz raspberries
5 oz strawberries
2.5 oz of goats milk yogurt (had the most protein and least sugar I could find)

I put 1 tbsp each of the following seeds in a coffee grinder (chia, hemp, sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, and flax) and a used 1/2 the resulting mixture about 3tbsp.

Blended all this together with ice and it made 36 oz.  I really liked this one, it was thick, tasty, and filling.  I immediately went on to make my double batch of the next juice so I could take it with me.  I had some stuff I was going to do today.  The next juice was the "Green Refresher", Jason's recipe in 1 golden delicious apple, 1 pear, 1/4 medium cucumber, 1 1/2 cups spinach, 3/4" broccoli stem, 1 lime.  In my double batch I did:

2 granny smith apples
2 pears
4" cucumber
5 oz spinach
2" broccoli stem
2 limes

Made only 18oz because towards the end of my juicing, I somehow knocked over the juice container sending bright green liquid all over the place.  I cleaned up as best as I could, finished juicing and put the juice I was able to save in a container for later.  Then I really got down on my hands and knees and started scrubbing up the mess.  I have white tile with white grout and white cabinets and let me tell you trying to get up all that green liquid was a pain.  My grout is stained and I don't know if I'll ever completely get the green out.  Needless to say I was so discouraged and only had 1/2 the juice I was supposed to. 
I was drinking my Berry Banana crunch all this time, so I was drinking it slowly and let me tell you those chia seeds really started to thicken up that drink.  I decided to forgo my errands and my walking got postponed.

It was about 10am when I got out my container of juice from earlier.  I actually ended up liking this one.  I'm glad I did the granny smith apples as there tartness really complemented this one.  Of course it's hard to tell if I got the right blend on this one.  I don't know about you guys, but when I'm juicing the juices tend to separate themselves until I shake them up in a pitcher prior to pouring in a glass, so when I knocked over the juice container I think I probably lost more of one type of juice than another.  Hard to say though.  It will be interesting to see if it tastes different the next time I make it.

At about 10:30am I headed over to my parents for the treadmill.  I did 3 min at incline 2/1.5mph and then 12 min at incline 5/1.5mph but my neck was really bothering me so I decided to head over to me chiropractor and get adjusted.  He leaves for lunch around 12:30 so I needed to go now rather than finish my workout.  The adjustment really helped and I got back to my parents about 12:30 and got back on the treadmill.   I did another 3 min @ 2/1.5mph then 30min @ 5/1.5mph and a final 3 min @ 2/1.5mph to cool down.  Then I headed home.

It was time to make another juice and the idea of making the green refresher again after having to clean up the mess did not appeal to me even though I liked the taste so I decided to make my grapefruit one again so:

2 grapefruit (yellow color removed)
1 orange (orange color removed)
6 oz raspberries

Made 26 oz.  It was just as good as last time and so refreshing after a workout.  I then had to head out to pick up my niece and get her to dance class.  Then I came back home.  I was pretty tired.  Cleaning up the mess earlier really took it out of me.  I decided to go read.  After reading for a bit I told myself I should get up and go make my final batch of juice for the day, Berry Banana Crunch again.  I was looking forward to tweaking it a bit.  Jason uses a centrifugal juicer and juicing berries is not recommended in one of these, but I have a masticating juicer and it does fine with berries, so this time I was going to see how it would work if I juiced the berries instead of blending them.  I was also going to leave out the yogurt as I'm a bit concerned about the dairy, plus I don't think it really needed it as it was already thick and creamy from the banana and the seeds.  But I fell asleep while reading sometime around 6pm. Oh well, on to the next day.


Stats after 2/15 days of juicing:

Starting Weight:          230
Starting Juice Weight: 217.2
Current Weight:          211.5
Daily Change: -0.3
Overall Juice Change: -5.7
Overall Change: -18.5
Starting Waist:          45.5
Starting Juice Waist: 42.5
Current Waist:      40.25
Daily Change:  -0
Overall Juice Change: -2.25
Overall Change: -5.25

No comments:

Post a Comment