Friday, April 19, 2013

Day 11 of the Juice Fast

So, I was so bad last night and I hate myself for doing it and I'm paying for it today.  After having just talked about having cheese the night before and it not being worth it, I had an even worse snack tonight.  I was still awake at 3am, my stomach was rumbling and I had a headache.  Who makes juice at 3am?  So I had some goldfish crackers.  This morning I woke up and my face and neck are swollen and I have a bit of a rash on my cheeks, neck, and chest.  I suppose it could be a coincidence, but I don't think so.  I think it was the crackers. So, to stop this crazy and stupid cheating, I have given myself permission to have either celery with almond butter, 1/2 an avocado, or a couple vine ripe tomatoes.  I know I shouldn't have anything and should stick to just the juice but I figure these items are certainly better than cheese or crackers, plus I am having some issues with dry skin so I figure the fat from the almond butter or the avocado should help.  We shall see.  I'm going to try my best not to have any snacks, but for right now while I'm having such a hard time at night when I can't sleep I figure this is a better compromise.  Hopefully I'll start sleeping and this won't be an issue much longer.

So this morning I made:

3 oranges (orange color peeled off)
6 large carrots
2 zucchini
1.5 large handfuls of spinach (would have put more but was out)
2 large handfuls of arugula
3 stalks of italian parsley

Made 40 oz.  It was okay, I'm noticing I'm not really a carrot juice fan which is weird since I love carrots.  Kind of like I love celery but have had to drop it from the green juice.

Later I made:

4 oranges (orange color peeled off)
1 lemon (yellow color peeled off)
1 cucumber (peeled)
3 large stalks of kale
8 romaine leaves
4 stalks of parsley
NO CELERY!!!

Made 40 oz.  When I first started drinking it I was thinking it was okay.  Taking the celery out did the trick, but as I drank more and more the parsley was getting stronger and stronger.  I was only able to drink 24 oz and had to dump the rest out as it was making me nauseous.  So tomorrow no celery and no parsley.  Fingers crossed!!

Today I had:

64 oz juice
70 oz water

So once again, not enough juice.  When I dumped out the rest of the green juice I thought about making another batch, but I'm tired and head-achy, and my juicer is all scrubbed up for the day.  Hopefully I'll sleep and won't need a snack.  We shall see.

Bloating an burping were better today but not gone.  When I got up this morning I was fine.  The whole time I was making juice I was fine.  Almost immediately after my first sip of juice I started burping.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is more of any anxiety response than a digestion problem.

Stats after 10 days of juicing:

Starting Weight:          230
Starting Juice Weight: 217.2
Current Weight:          212.9
Daily Change: -0.4
Overall Juice Change: -4.3
Overall Change: -17.1
Starting Waist:          45.5
Starting Juice Waist: 42.5
Current Waist:      40.75
Daily Change:  -0
Overall Juice Change: -1.75
Overall Change: -4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment