Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Day 1 of the juice fast: The good, the bad, and the UGLY!

Okay, so first the good…I started my juice fast today and I did pretty good. I had my morning herbal tea, followed by water, and then started on the juice. I managed 3 20 oz glasses of juice and about 2 liters of water. I usually drink 3-4 liters but with all the juice it was hard to get anymore liquid in. I’m drinking my herbal bedtime tea as I type and I always take more water to bed with me. Today was also my gym day so I also worked out with weights.

The bad…I barely slept last night. My sleep schedule was already a mess and then adding to that the excitement and anticipation of starting the juice fast just made sleep impossible. Hopefully I’ll sleep tonight. I was supposed to get up at 9am but when I was still awake as 7am I changed my alarm to 10:30, so I got about 3 hours sleep. Plus, now I was also running late. So unfortunately I had no time to juice. When I was at the store yesterday I did pick up 3 flavors of Naked Juice, so that’s what I had today…20 oz of each flavor. I know it’s not as good as fresh juice, but I figure it was better than nothing.

And then there was the UGLY…I cheated, although I kind of planned this one cheat in advance so I guess it’s okay. I went to see Jurassic Park in 3D on the IMAX, and I know there are people who do it, but going to a movie theater and not having popcorn just seems wrong to me. I did bring in my own juice and water so I didn’t have a soda which I had originally planned to do as well (yeah me) However, I have to say the popcorn was kind of gross this time, so maybe next time I’ll try just juice and water and see how it goes, it will be weird though.

So how do I feel…well I was tired and headachy all day, but I think that was due more to not sleeping than anything else. I really wasn’t hungry at all. There were definitely moments when driving by restaurants when I would think oh that sounds good. My biggest problem came from bloating and stomach gas, I kept burping all day, which isn’t pleasant.

Ready for bed and looking forward to day 2 and making my own juice.

My Starting Stats:

Starting Weight: 230
Starting Juice Weight: 217.2
Starting Waist: 45.5
Starting Juice Waist: 42.5

Note about measurements: I do a comprehensive weigh in every Sunday, and very in depth measurements every other Sunday.  For the purpose of this juice fast I will weigh and measure my waist everyday but it won't be exact.  When I normally weigh I'm naked, but for everyday I'll still be in my PJ's so I'll be subtracting and approx weight of my clothes and depending on what I'm wearing it won't be exact but I'll at least get some idea of my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment