Monday, April 8, 2013

A little bit of HISTORY

So obviously it's been a while since I've posted here, and it's also been a while since I've done much stitching.  That is because of my health.  I've been dealing with severe long lasting chronic migraines and an auto immune disorder for almost 20 years now.  I did the doctor route and of course first spent years with them not knowing what was wrong, telling my it was my imagination, etc.  Finally I got a diagnosis (sort of) it's not like any of the doctors could agree.  Then came all the pills.  Pills, pills, and more pills!  None of them worked, but I sure got all the side effects which of course made me feel worse.  With all the pills and steroids I gained a ton of weight over the years and got really depressed to where whenever I went to the doctors more recently they just wanted to blame everything on my weight and my depression.  Now I'm not saying that the weight gain and depression don't make things worse cause I know they do, but all this started when I barely weighed 100 lbs and was totally happy so I know it's not the cause.  The doctors still don't really know what the cause is, and I was so tired of the pills that I decided to try a different route.  I've been off the pills for a couple years now and only go to the doctors for things like strep.  I've worked on my diet and exercise although if I'm honest I didn't really give it my all.  But this year I decided to really give it a shot.  First I started going to a gym and then I really started watching what I ate.  I cut out fast food and soda and most carbs.  I am starting to feel better, but the weight is going really slow.  I'm trying really hard not to get discouraged, but it's hard.  I know slow and steady wins the race, and as far as my health goes this should eventually work.  But, I found out a couple weeks ago about a show I want to audition for and the way I look currently there is no way I will get the part I want.  So....

I saw "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead", a documentary on Netflix and found it very interesting, so I'm going to try a juice fast.  I'd love to make it the full 60 days, but I'm just going to go for it and do it as long as I can.  The audition is 27 or 28 days away depending on which day I go so I'm hoping to drop enough weight by then that they'll at least consider me for the part.  Of course I'll need to keep losing if I actually get the part but the performances don't start for another 3 months after the auditions.

So tune in for day 1 tomorrow (or I guess today since it's after midnight) I am going to try to blog about the fast as much as I can.

P.S.  For my fellow stitchers, I do hope to get back to stitching soon.  But, on top of, and also because of my health issues I kid of let my house go and it's a bit of a disaster at the moment and I just can't stand the thought of bring my beautiful silks, fibers, and fabrics out into the filth.  So I'm hoping that as my health improves I'll have more energy and will be able to get the place straightened up so I can stitch again.  I miss it.


No comments:

Post a Comment