Friday, April 19, 2013

Juice Fast Day 10

So Day 10 didn't start so great.  I couldn't sleep last night, it was 2 am, my stomach was rumbling and achy, I was still bloated and gassy, and I had a headache.  So I decided to eat something.  I should have stuck with the celery and almond butter but I gave in to temptation and I had some string cheese.  I didn't taste as good as I thought it would and I payed for it today with some weight gain.  Not a lot, but enough to remind me that it's not worth it.

So today I made:

1 apple
3 pears
6 oz blueberries
3 large handfuls of spinach

Made 40 oz.  It was good.  The pears were really ripe so it didn't strain out as much pulp from them and as a result it was a slightly thicker juice but I didn't mind the consistency.

Then I made:

1 large sweet potato (yam)
2 oranges (with orange color peeled off)
1/4 pineapple
3 large handfuls of spinach

Made 30 oz.  I think this is the best drink I've made so far.  I could have put in a bunch more greens and I bet it would still taste great.  Need to get more pineapple before I can make it again.

So:

70 oz juice
70 oz water

Doing better with the liquid and I wasn't as bloated and burpy today.  Hopefully that continues.  I also know I'm probably doing too much fruit right now, but it's a work in progress.

I'm still trying hard not to get discouraged because I want to keep doing this.  I've seen other people get really great results and I think if I can just keep going a bit longer it will work.  I think it would be easier if even one aspect was working, ie. losing weight but feel like crap or not losing but feel amazing.  It's tough when you feel awful and aren't losing.  Hopefully I'm just a slow starter.

Stats after 9 days of juicing:

Starting Weight:          230
Starting Juice Weight: 217.2
Current Weight:          213.3
Daily Change: +0.4
Overall Juice Change: -3.9
Overall Change: -16.7
Starting Waist:          45.5
Starting Juice Waist: 42.5
Current Waist:      40.75
Daily Change:  -0
Overall Juice Change: -1.75
Overall Change: -4.75

No comments:

Post a Comment