Friday, April 12, 2013

Day 3...I can do it, I can do it, I can do it!

So day 3, and I don't feel so hot.  Didn't sleep again last night, and I know it's a bad idea since it will make it even harder to sleep tonight, but I slept in way later than I should have.  The bloating and burping have not gone away this time.  It's not as bad this morning and it was when I finally fell asleep last night, but it didn't go away.  I'm having a really tough time drinking all the liquid I'm supposed to so I didn't have any herbal tea this morning just water.  It was almost 3pm before I finished juicing my juice.  I changed the recipe a little bit from yesterday.  It seemed really apple-y, so I did 1 less apple, also 1 less plum (cause that leaves me 4 for tomorrow and since it's so late today I figured a little less sugar would be good) and I added a yellow squash.  I like it better, not that yesterday's was bad just very strong apple.

1 fuji apples
2 pears
3 plums
3 handfuls of spinach
1 1/2 cups blackberries
1 yellow squash

Made about 40oz of juice.

My second juice of the day was the green juice.  I made it before I started my fast in my blender and it was really bitter so this time I peeled the cucumber, peeled the yellow color off the lemon, and added a couple carrots.  Plus I did extra celery since I heard it's great for shedding water weight.

3 kelp leaves
6 romaine lettuce leaves
8 stalks celery
1 large cucumber
2 fuji apples
2 carrots
1/2 lemon
1" piece of ginger

Made about 40 oz of juice (or I guess I should say I had about 40 leftover after a spilling mishap)

I still had tough time with this one.  My modifications did help and it wasn't so bitter, but there is a flavor that is so intense and overwhelming it was tough to drink.  In fact tonight I dumped the last bit of it.  I just couldn't stomach it anymore.  I think it was the celery.  I suppose I'll put in less, but I need to find something to mask the flavor cause I don't want to get rid of it completely since it's so good for water weight.

Today I manage:

16 oz herbal tea (only at night, in fact right now)
76 oz juice
48 oz water

Stats after 2 days of juicing:

Starting Weight:          230
Starting Juice Weight: 217.2
Current Weight:          216.7
Daily Change: -0.4
Overall Juice Change: -0.5
Overall Change: -13.3
Starting Waist:          45.5
Starting Juice Waist: 42.5
Current Waist:      42.75
Daily Change:  -0.25
Overall Juice Change: +0.25
Overall Change: -2.75

Weight isn't really moving like I was hoping but I'm trying not to get discouraged.  Hopefully it's the bloating and water retention,  or maybe my body is just in shock so it's holding on to everything for a bit til it figures out what's going on.  I'm not hungry, however it's amazing how much you are bombarded by food.  I didn't seem to notice it as much before I stopped eating, but it's everywhere you drive, all over tv, and even in the books I'm reading.  It's not like I'm reading cookbooks or anything, just fantasy or romance and they keep talking about banquets and dinner.

I'm definitely sticking with it for 10 days, and we'll re-evaluate then as to whether I want to keep going or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment